- You should expect to be at the centre for the majority of the day. The duration of the procedure varies from 4 to 8 hrs.
- It will be advised to keep the mobile phones switched off / silent in the centre. You will be able to check for messages during your lunch break.
- We will provide snacks / light lunch / fruit juice during the break.
- If you have special dietary requirements e.g. gluten-free, please arrange to bring some food with you.
- There is a toilet next to the procedure room for use when needed.
Pre-Operative Instructions For Hair Transplant
- Stop aspirin (or aspirin-containing products or other blood thinner medicines) at least 5 days prior to the procedure.
- Avoid alcohol for at least 24 hours prior to your procedure.
- DO NOT use Minoxidil for 48 hours prior to surgery.
- DO TAKE all your regular medications (like for diabetes, blood pressure, thyroid etc. if any ) as normal except for the ones we asked you to stop.
- DO NOT cut your hair short â€“ leave your hair as long as possible as it helps us to assess the donor and recipient area and also helps you to cover the transplant sites post-operatively.
Day Prior to Procedure
- Shampoo your hair on the night before. Please do not apply any oil or cosmetic over the head.
Day of Procedure
- Shampoo your hair in the morning. Please do not apply any oil or cosmetic over the head.
- DO NOT wear any tight clothing that must be pulled over your head. Wear a buttoned shirt or top.
- DO HAVE something to eat / normal breakfast about 1- 2 hours before coming to the centre.
- If you are on any routine medications for diabetes, blood pressure, thyroid etc., please take them as usual on the day of the procedure (except the ones we asked you to stop).
- Please adhere the reporting time in the morning of the procedure.
- Due to the drugs administered during the procedure, you may be asked not to drive after the procedure. So please make arrangements for someone to drive you back after the procedure. Please inform prior, if you need arrangements from our side.
You will receive a phone call from our executive, the day prior to the procedure for these instructions.