|Field||FUT(Follicular Unit Transplant)||FUE(Follicular Unit Extraction)|
|Number of Grafts can be harvested in single sitting||• 4000 to 7000 Grafts||• 2500 to 3000 Grafts|
|Recovery||• 2-5 days||• 2-5 days|
|Hair Damage Rate||• 1-2%||• 5-10%|
|Graft Quality/Yield||• Robust Good Quality
• Maximum Yield Ratio
• Yield Ration less
|Ideal Candidate||• Fulfills need for lower as well as the higher grade of baldness.
• Donor sites with good density and skin laxity.
• Who don’t want to shave their head for the procedure (Especially females)
|• Lower grade of baldness.
• The combination with FUT.
• Tight Scalp / low density of donor site.
• Having scar tendency / keloidal tendency.
|Duration / Timing||• Depending upon on the number of grafts , 4 to 8 hours even with Giga sessions.||• Typically 4 to 8 hours though large sessions may require two consecutive days.|
|Shaving for procedure||• Optional can be done without shaving.||• Shaving is required.|
|Scars on Back side||• Practically invisible.
• Scar usually is quite low and remains invisible even after thinning at a later age.
|• Practically invisible small dots
• Dots on the upper side may become visible after thinning of hair.
|Donor site after procedure||• Normal||• Shaved area will show multiple dots.|
|Hair Growth Success rate||• 95 to 99%||• 85 to 90%|
|Permanency /longevity of results||• All are permanent||• Those hairs harvested from the upper back of scalp may not be permanent.
• Owing to weak follicles and thermal damage may shed off.
|Subsequent session||• FUT Giga sessions possible.
• Both FUT and FUE can be done.
• Previous scars will be removed with the practically imperceptible single line.
|• The second session may lead to extremely sparse density in donor site
• Grafts of poor quality owing to the previous session.